Sunday, November 11, 2007

Careening...



Careening... a fancy word used onlye by people who speak English english... I always wanted to use this word but, somehow was never sure of what it exactly meant, so I used simpler substitutes like swerving or the more in-lingo skidding.
But, today I learnt its true meaning, and that too letter by letter... Yes, Sir (or Ma'am) ... You heard me right... I really learnt the meaning of Careening today.
Now why is it so important that I am wasting my time(n yours) about a single word. Well, have some patience and it will be rewarded. It so happened that today around noon time, I decided to visit the temple and instead of taking the mundane traffic light infested route I decided to venture onto the free flowing highway and utilise the Taxpayers money and save sometime. I am not a greenhorn at diriving neither I am a rash driver. But, a light drizzle couple of hours ago and some loose rubble did the trick. On the serpentine intersection that connects 2 Highways, my corolla gave way and suddenly started changing directions on its own. I instantaneously released the breaks and applied my mind to steer it on the road.
Thankfully, I was able to bring it to a complete halt on the shoulder of the highway ramp. The first thought that crossed my mind was that I had managed a flat tire. But, the quick health check-up revealed that nothing was wrong. The change of tires half an year ago ruled out the grip being bad on road. Anyway, I managed to wipe of the cold sweat on my brow and managed to reach the temple safely. I thanked my stars that I did not hit something. But, I surely remembered to check the tire pressure on my way back.
Takeaway - Frugal machines like mine are not meant to be thrown around in corners. They are not beasts who should be explored leisurely, but timid creatures which provide decent transportation. So, the NFS(Need For Speed) streak should remain confined to PS2 and the mundane existence should not be tested against nature or machine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post.. keep 'em coming frequently!

Anonymous said...

good one....